Fentanyl Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Fentanyl, the relatively new and extremely deadly drug, has flooded the market and is posing a serious problem not only for the people struggling with poly-substance abuse and addiction, but also for first responders and other professionals who are at risk when assisting Fentanyl crisis situations.
Our expertise in assessing protective needs and then rapidly delivering has kept essential teams safe after floods, hurricane cleanups, oil spills and highly contagious infectious disease outbreaks.
Who is Affected by Fentanyl?
In the healthcare setting, people who are at the highest risk for accidental exposure to fentanyl include anyone who may come in direct contact with patients known or suspected to be under the influence of fentanyl and/or have the recreational drug on their person. Such high-risk personnel includes first responders (firefighters, police officers, EMTs), nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, phlebotomists, pharmacists, students, and trainees.
However, even people without direct patient contact may be at risk for indirect exposure given the possible nature of cross-contamination and exposure within the clinical setting. This includes dietary, environmental services, laundry, security, engineering and facilities management, administrative, and volunteer personnel.
Common methods of accidental and potentially fatal Fentanyl exposure:
- Direct contact with mucous membranes
- Accidental needle sticks (skin breaks)
Additional Resources for PPE Guidelines:
ViroGuard® protective apparel offers superior comfort and performance in a disposable product.
- Enhanced moisture vapor transmission keeps workers comfortable and protected.
- Seamless shoulder area provides significantly more room, allowing workers to freely move their arms and shoulders without ripping or tearing.
- Elastic back stretches with the user for more comfort and better tear resistance. No need to purchase a larger size just to have more fabric in the back.
- Gusseted, reinforced crotch provides more room to move in all directions without ripping or tearing.
- Blue fabric makes stains and splashes on fabric less conspicuous.
- ViroGuard® fabric passes ASTM F1670 and F1671 tests for protection against blood, bodily fluids and bloodborne pathogens.
- Range of options available in coverall and lab-coat styles.
Enjoy impermeable protection with fabric and seams that pass ASTM F1670 (blood) and ASTM F1671 (blood-borne pathogens). Designed to meet the latest CDC standards for those working with PUIs who are clinically unstable or have bleeding, vomiting or diarrhea. Because of its unique design and protection factor, ViroGuard® 2 is the product of choice for most of the Regional Ebola and Special Pathogen Treatment Centers along with top key assessment facilities.
- Impermeable fabric and seams pass ASTM F1670 & F1671 tests for protection against blood, bodily fluids and blood-borne pathogens.
- Adjustable Mandarin collar with Velcro closure creates a better neck seal for each wearer.
- Double-sided tape around wrists keeps gloves in place during donning and doffing.
- Zipper front with a sealable storm flap that has a starter tab for the sealing tape. Starter tab makes it much easier for a gloved hand to pull and expose the tape for sealing the storm flap.
- Large zipper pull with red fabric pull tab. Makes it easier for the wearer to see and use the pull with gloved hands and wearing a PAPR.
- Thumb and finger loops work to prevent sleeves from riding up and exposing skin.
- Roomy one-piece raglan sleeves provide for increased arm and shoulder movement while resisting tears.
- Visible sizing tag helps materials management teams identify size easily without unfolding each suit.
ChemSplash 1 is the first breathable chemical splash barrier for many toxic industrial chemicals, reducing heat stress for wearers.
- High moisture vapor transmission rate means cooler chemical protection versus competitive chemical suits.
- Proven protection for a wide range of industrial chemicals that meets ISO 6350 and EN 368 standards.
This chemical splash barrier is designed for use with stronger acids and caustics. ChemSplash® 2 fabric is lighter and more pliable than many competitive fabrics, providing better comfort and mobility for the wearer.
- Utilizes a proprietary laminated fabric with a broad range of chemical protection.
- Offers significant physical strength for workers who need a wide range of movement while working in demanding chemical work situations.
- Is perfect for workers in general chemical and petrochemical environments.